We are currently seeking a career-oriented BEK Cares Solutions Installation Technician. Responsibilities would include but not limited to our “Care Solutions” line of products such as West-Com, Systems Technologies, Sonitor, Axis, Accu-Tech, and Sure Response. Successful candidates will be expected to develop a proficiency with installation, troubleshooting, testing, service, and support of nurse call wired or wireless hardware systems, RTLS, access control, audio/paging systems, ethernet network and computer systems in medical and long-term care facilities in our regional support area.
- Pulling and terminating of electronic cable.
- Responsible for the basic wiring and installation of hardware.
- Responsible for the operation of cable testing equipment.
- Meet all installation, commissioning, and testing deadlines.
- Responsible for accurate tracking on timesheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items.
- Full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program.
- Operation of power tools.
- Organize and effectively utilize time and resources to assure efficient execution of all tasks.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
Must be a responsible, motivated, and well-organized self-starter who is dependable and punctual. Candidates will be expected to be mechanically inclined, willing to learn, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for continuous success. Ability to interpret engineering system drawings/blueprints, electronic product schematics and work with CAD software applications is desired. Required to safely climb and work from ladders and routinely reach overhead.
Must be willing to travel, have satisfactory driving record and clean criminal history record. Position requires weekly travel to job sites.
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Must be comfortable working in hospitals, clinics, and long term or nursing care facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of smart devices, personal computers and software including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects resulting in successful completion by due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Must be able to pass a background check, substance screening and have a valid and current driver’s license.